12 car accident statistics and strange facts that you didn't know
It's always fun to learn something new, especially strange and unusual facts. After doing a bit of research, we uncovered a list of car accident facts and other bizarre automobile facts that will make you raise your eyebrows...at least a few times.
Some of the information we're providing is purely for entertainment, some of it is of a more serious flavor, yet all of it is true.
1) Until 1973, whale oil was used in some car transmissions
2) All fifty states have some type of seatbelt law
3) Every day, nearly 135 million cars travel on our country's streets, roads, and interstates
4) On average, a driver will curse approximately 32,000 times in their lifetime while operating a car or truck.
5) Weekends, between midnight and 3 a.m., are the most likely time for a person to be involved in a fatal crash.
6) The very first speeding ticket was issued in 1904. The driver was ticketed for zooming at a rate of 12 mph.
7) Almost 40% of fatal accidents involve alcohol.
8) The first car did not have a steering wheel--drivers steered cars with a lever.
9) It takes an airbag 40 milliseconds to fully inflate after an accident.
10) The inventor of the windshield wiper was a woman named Mary Anderson.
11) Most car accidents occur within three miles of a person's home.
12) While you were reading this, approximately 4 car accidents involving injury occurred somewhere in the United States. (Statistics show that a car accident involving injury occurs approximately every 14 seconds, while a fatal injury related to a car accident occurs every 12 minutes.)
Category: Car Accidents
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "12 car accident statistics and strange facts that you didn't know"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."