Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (800) 253-5537
Phone: (317) 926-1111
Keller & Keller
Frequently Asked Questions
E-mail Keller & Keller Today Free Case Analysis Have a question?
Contact us today for a free consultation.

What happens if I'm in a car accident with an unlicensed driver?

Whether the driver that hit you was operating the car/truck with a suspended Indiana driver's license, or if they've never had a license, it typically makes no difference as long as the vehicle they were driving was insured and it was not stolen or being driven without the owner's permission.

The insurance company is still liable for you injuries (in most instances) as long as the at-fault driver was considered a permissive user. However, if the unlicensed driver does not have insurance, then the law firm that represents you will likely work with your insurance company to cover your medical bills, lost wages as well as pains and suffering. 

Typically a police report will have the initial information needed to help determine whether or not the driver was legally licensed. 

Jim Keller
Senior Partner at Keller & Keller Law Firm

Keller & Keller operates as a limited liability entity with offices throughout three states. Keller & Keller's Indiana office operates as an LLP (Keller & Keller LLP). Keller & Keller's Michigan office operates as a PLLC (Keller & Keller PLLC). Keller & Keller's New Mexico office operates as an LLC (Keller & Keller LLC).

The testimonials/stories on this website are of former clients and/or their families. All testimonials/stories are provided for informational purposes only and are not to be considered as a promise or guarantee as to the outcome of your specific case. Each case contains different facts and circumstances. The facts and circumstances of your case will likely differ from the facts of the cases listed.