Lake County Man Wins $5 Million Indiana Medical Malpractice Lawsuit

After losing his wife in a tragic Indiana medical malpractice incident in 2003, a Crown Point man was awarded $5 million in damages for the medical mistake.

Julie LaDere died in September of 2003 after doctors diagnosed her with Hodgkin's lymphoma. The treatment for the cancer, an often toxic drug called Bleomycin, left her lungs inflamed and the complications soon led to her death. Doctors did not treat the infected lungs with either of the common remedies for her health issue, steroids or restricting her oxygen, causing her death. She was initially treated at the ER in Saint Anthony Medical Center, Crown Point, Indiana.

Following her death from acute respiratory distress syndrome, her husband Michael LaDere filed an Indiana medical malpractice lawsuit against the doctors that failed to properly treat his wife. A Lake County Jury quickly decided on his multi-million dollar reward.
Join The Conversation
Joe 06/09/2014 01:12 PM
First I must say I'm sorry for your loss. I was in stage 4 of non-hodgkins lymphoma, and am still suffering side effects from the chemotherapy treatments I had nearly 2 years ago now. Next, I want to say 'Good For You'! I was recently a 'victim' of st anthony's, (and several doctor's), medical malpractice issues, and am right now seeking out an attorney to represent me in my battle. I'm glad you were successful in your lawsuit! The only way to effect any changes in policies of doctors and such hospitals is to hurt them where does the most good, in their wallets! I'm hoping I'll even survive long enough now to hurt them as much as they have injured me.
Post A Reply
Denise GolladY 09/20/2016 05:34 AM
My brother recently passed away due to complications from belomycin. He was diagnosed with stage 3c testicular cancer in March 2016. After receiving the bleomycin chemo drug he developed horrible mouth sores and sores on his stomach area. After having the sore for over 3 weeks he was diagnosed with having shingles which were in his mouth, esophagus, and stomach. A few weeks later he ended up in the emergency room with chest pains. He was put on oxygen via nose tubes, then a mask, and lastly via tube down his throat. He died 7 days later. I believe his doctor did not pay close enough attention to his chemo treatment. My brother lived in Anderson, Indiana. I myself live in Michigan. I am looking for an attorney to look into my case. Any suggestions?
Post A Reply
Post A Comment