The Indiana University Public Policy Institute has released a report of the most dangerous intersections in Lake County, Indiana, in 2015. State authorities hope that identifying these dangerous and deadly intersections will help focus efforts on adding safety features where they are needed and increasing traffic law enforcement in those areas. Our Indianapolis auto accident attorney details more.
Results of the Intersection Study of Indiana
There were nearly 5,000 intersection collisions in Lake County in 2015 and 11 of them were fatal. The intersections with the most collisions were as follows:
- SR 53 (Broadway) & US 30 (81st Ave.) in Merrillville, 57 collisions
- West 45th St. & US 41 (Indianapolis Blvd.) in Highland, 50 collisions
- SR 55 (Taft) & US 30 (Lincoln Highway) in Merrillville, 36 collisions
- Ridge Rd. & US 41 (Indianapolis Blvd.) in Highland, 31 collisions
- 109th Ave. & SR 53 (Broadway) in Crown Point, 26 collisions
- Burr & US 30 (Lincoln Highway) in Schererville, 26 collisions
- Mississippi St. & US 30 (80th Ave.) in Merrillville, 26 collisions
- Calumet Ave. & US 30 W (Lincoln Highway) in Dyer, 24 collisions
- Ramblewood Dr. & US 41 (Indianapolis Blvd.) in Highland, 23 collisions
Were You Involved in a Dangerous Intersection Accident?
If you were involved in a car accident at any of the above-listed intersections, it's possible we can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, any lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. Our Indianapolis car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that there is never any upfront charges and the only way our firm is paid is if we make a recovery on your behalf.