Let’s take a closer look at bike accessories and gear that can protect you in the event of an Indiana motorcycle accident:
- Helmet. You are probably not surprised that this is the first item on our list. A regulation helmet is the single best way to prevent serious injury and death during a motorcycle accident. Multiple studies have shown that it significantly reduces the rate of serious head injuries and fatalities.
- Protective clothing. Motorcycle riders don’t wear leather just to look good – materials like leather, nylon, and Kevlar all protect against road rash and abrasions in the event of a motorcycle crash. Some motorcycle wear is also designed to pad riders in the event of an accident.
- Warm, dry clothing. Motorcycle riders are exposed to the elements, including rain, snow, cold temperatures, and wind. Wearing the appropriate clothing for these conditions allows riders to stay comfortable and keep their mind on the task at hand.
- Reflective clothing. Bright clothing that catches light doesn’t protect you from injuries, but it does protect you from accidents. One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents is the other driver not seeing the biker. Become more visible!
- Sturdy boots. Boots that protect against the weather and against possible road rash are key for any biker. Boots that also protect the toes, foot, and ankles from fatigue and injury. Boots should allow the biker to change gears easily and grip the pedals well.
Protective gear can save your life, minimize injury, and prevent accidents altogether.
Have you been injured in an Indiana motorcycle accident? You may have a personal injury case. Call the Indianapolis motorcycle accident attorneys at Keller & Keller to learn more about your options for legal action.