The answer to this question depends on a number of factors. Every accident claim is unique, but a skilled motorcycle accident attorney will be able to build a strong case for maximum compensation when it can be proved that another driver caused your crash. The value of your claim will primarily depend on the following:
- The severity of your injuries. Your attorney will fight for enough money to compensate you fully for the cost of treating your injuries. If you suffered serious injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, or amputation of a limb, that cost will be high, and your compensation should reflect that. A permanent disability resulting from the accident could mean you will need a lifetime of expensive care.
- The value of your losses. If you are unable to return to a high-paying job because of the injuries you suffered, your wage loss compensation will be significant, but any loss of wages and future earnings should be fully compensated.
- Your dependents. If a spouse and children are dependent upon your earnings, that could multiply the value of your claim. Also, your family may be able to make a loss-of-relationship claim in certain situations.
An experienced attorney will know how to assess the value of your claim and will work hard to make sure you are fully compensated.
Kinds of Damages That Can Be Recovered
In Indiana, you are entitled to recover for the following expenses:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical expenses
- Probable loss of wages in the future
- Property damage
- Loss of relationship with your spouse
- Other out-of-pocket expenses due to your injuries
In some cases, in which the other party's conduct was unusually heinous, you may be able to recover punitive damages.
Our Indianapolis Attorneys Will Fight for You
Experienced personal injury attorneys understand the losses you have suffered—and those you will continue to suffer—because of your motorcycle crash. Our motorcycle crash team will not settle a claim until you are offered everything you will need to return to as normal a life as possible after a serious crash. You have nothing to lose by meeting with us for a free consultation. We will take a look at your case and let you know what we can do for you. If you decide to hire us, you won’t owe a fee until we successfully resolve your case. Fill out our contact form or call today to get started.