Illinois Insurance Company Tries To Avoid Paying In Dog Bite Case
In July, a young girl, Chole Pluger, was bitten by a dog owned by Gary and Sharon Lindstrom of Grundy County. The father of the girl, Matthew Pluger, filed a suit against the Lindstroms. However, the Lindstroms’ insurance company, Illinois Farmers, is claiming that Chole was a member of the household since Chole’s mother and the Lindstroms’ son were living together under the Lindstroms’ roof for several months before the accident took place and for two weeks after the IL dog bite incident.
Because of this specification, Matthew Pluger may not receive damages for his daughter’s Illinois dog bite injuries from the homeowner’s Illinois insurance company.
Dog Bite Checklist
What to Do if You're Attacked:
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Take photographs of the wounds
- Gather information about the dog owner (name, address, phone number, insurance info)
- Call 911 or animal control to report the incident
- Take photographs of the dog (if it's safe to do so)
- Contact an experienced dog bite attorney